A regular cargo claim under a charter party
During the voyage the master reports that the cargo shifted and caused damage to the vessel as well as to the adjacent cargo.
Owners issued the Bills of Lading and have to deal with the claims presented by cargo interests. However, all cargo operations are for the risk and account of Charterers (as per the FIOS clause in a Gencon C/P or Clause 8 in a NYPE C/P or Clause 9 of the Baltime). As such the damages to the cargo and the damage to the vessel are recovered from charterers under the relevant C/P.
Charterers Liability covered:
- cargo damage
- Damage To Hull (DTH)
- loss of time of the Owner during repairs
- legal expenses defending our claim
- investigation expenses
- Damage to the vessel
- A regular cargo claim under a charter party
- A back-to-back charter party
- A bunker claim
- A dispute under a Charterparty (FD&D)