A regular cargo claim under a charter party
During the voyage the master reports that the cargo shifted and caused damages to the vessel as well as to the adjacent cargo.
Owners issued the Bills of Lading and have to deal with the claims presented by cargo interests. However as per the FIOS clause in a Gencon C/P or Clause 8 in a NYPE C/P or Clause 9 of the Baltime, all cargo operations are for the risk and account of Charterers. As such the damages to the cargo and the damages to the vessel are being recovered from charterers under the relevant C/P.
Charterers Liability covered:
- cargo damages
- Damage To Hull (DTH)
- loss of time of the Owner during repairs
- legal expenses defending our claim
- investigation expenses
- Damage to the vessel
- A regular cargo claim under a charter party
- A back-to-back charter party
- A bunker claim
- A dispute under a Charterparty (FD&D)